I never seem to be able to stay on topic. I am not a monogamous knitter. I flit from project to project, which is why there isn’t a whole lot under the “FO” category on here…
I have a grand total of 21 unfinished projects now in my queue. This really needs to change. Or at least some of the projects need to change. Which brings me to the what to frog? What to keep? And what to cast on? (And yes, I know that last item will cause problems!)
First the frogs:
Gloxiniaeflora by Herbert Niebling
- this has the problem of a stain several rows back.
- I have gotten too far in so I don’t feel too bad ripping & re-starting.
- I realized that I made and error, which no one else will see, but I will.
- The cables aren’t centered. And yes, I really am *that* neurotic.
Now for the Maybe Frogs…
- I like the pattern I like it in this yarn.
- I haven’t touched it in over a year. Make that 2 years – maybe 3…
- I also have nothing else to do with the yarn or those needles. So do I leave it for now?
- It has a 15″ seam from underarm to hem – I need 18″, 19″ to get the correct look
- Blocking is *not* going to give me an extra 4″, no matter how much I *really* want it to!
- I’ve done everything by half the back & the back yoke.
- I could gift it
- This yarn looks good in this pattern
- This is another love at first sight, I love the yarn, I love the pattern, I’m not sure I love them together.
- It’s hard to see in the picture, but the beads are a much darker colour, I like how they look – but.
- I don’t think it’s something that I’ll wear, but it would make a good gift I think.
So that takes me down to 16 projects “on the go.”
So, What’s Next?
While I want to finish Catkin, it’s not lace.
I cast on for Damask a while back and I think I got a row or 2 in before I had to go back to Christmas knitting.
Then there was the little shopping spree a few days ago that netted me this: Lisianthus, but I don’t think I have the yarn, and I’m trying to be good. Okay, who are we kidding, I’m going on a yarn crawl on Saturday…
But I also (finally) found Icarus (in the purse that I thought it was in & could swear I’ve checked several times).
And then there is poor Percy, it’s been on the needles for a long time.
Too much choice!