I realized after I looked at the pictures just how much of my wheel I replaced. But man does it work well now!
The “biggest” thing was a new flyer with a sliding hook. Makes it much easier to load the bobbins evenly. Also it has smaller ratios so I can now get up to 12:1 and 18:1 where the old flyer only went to either 9 or 10:1. A polycord drive band finished off the “speeding up” I did on the wheel. I also bought 2 new larger capacity bobbins (3 total with the one that came with the flyer).
I replaced the maiden upright with one that had a click fitting, now I don’t have to turn the whole upright to get the bobbin off. I have the matching upright for the front but the one that is on there currently is for the jumbo flyer I use to ply with and I got a reducer to make the regular flyer fit.
There might have also been some fiber purchased.
In knitting news I’m done the body & one arm on the Owls sweater for Mum. I might have to add an inch to the body though. I’m hoping to have the other sleeve done tonight and attach them to the body because I want to have this done and blocking by this weekend. We shall see if this happens though.
It has to be done by the middle of next week at the latest because I want it to deliver it by Thursday.